A sample of work with clients:
- Increasing sales force revenue and productivity
- Resolving post-merger pains
- Creating a strategy and organisational buy-in
- Doubling response rates in a marketing campaign
- Improving talent engagement and building a capability programme
- Building a culture of cooperation and leadership in a private bank – creative communication
- Improve sales, profitability and brand appeal for youth and young adults
INCREASING SALES FORCE REVENUE AND PRODUCTIVITY
- CLIENT: Sportron A leading preventative medicine and healthcare company operating in over 30 countries.
- Maximising the effectiveness of their direct and retail sales force.
- Creating a more innovative culture to drive product design.
- Delivering inspiring company events and improving working relationships between teams.
- Marketing effectively to different generations in different regions.
- Re-engineered the sales process and re-trained the sales force to more powerfully connect with customers.
- Facilitated and provided input to leadership events, strategic planning days and organisational design.
- Created a culture of “invitational innovation” that all individuals could embrace and significantly improved product development and packaging.
- Defined marketing strategies and plans for maximum return on investment.
- Turnover increased 300%.
- Profits increased year on year (63% between 2006 and 2007).
SOLUTION: (Over a retainer period of 5 years)
RESULTS: (Over 5 years)
“Whilst there are obviously many factors impacting this growth, I do believe the TomorrowToday team involvement has played a very important role.” Eleanor Scott: Marketing and Sales Director
RESOLVING POST-MERGER PAINS
- CLIENT: Massmart (“the Walmart of Africa”)A leading general retailer operating in 11 countries with 23 000 employees and sales exceeding £3bn.
- Merging radically different company cultures.
- Inter-generational conflict between individuals and teams.
- Symptoms included low morale, increased staff turnover, loss of ‘talented’ staff, unmotivated workforce and active resistance to change.
- Result was spiralling costs and diminishing merger benefits.
- Created a leadership programme to adapt style to new organisation.
- Helped define the new workplace model to meet different generational needs and to attract and retain talent.
- Used post merger communications to reverse resistance.
- Developed creative ways of making the working environment more enjoyable.
- Staff turnover reduced from 28% p.a. to 13% p.a.
- Morale improved with twice as many people attending team events.
- Staff surveys reflected a significant shift in people’s perceptions of the business with staff taking an increased interest in reducing costs and increasing efficiency.
“TomorrowToday have brought insight and expertise and dare I say it, fun, to a complex human situation following a difficult merger.” Neville Dunn, Financial Director.
CREATING A STRATEGY AND ORGANISATIONAL BUY-IN
- CLIENT: Scouts
- A large global charity with a distinguished 100 year history in preparing young children for life challenges
- Over 100,000 volunteers in the UK
- Change to the movement to be applicable to the new values of its volunteers and children
- Develop the organisation’s long term strategy and engage with senior leaders for buy-in
- Taking the whole movement along the change journey
- A Generational Audit identified the strength of connection and where focus was required
- Using a process of appreciative enquiry we identified strategic options
- Worked with the senior leadership team and Board of Trustees running a series of presentations and workshops
- Recorded a DVD on generations and key challenges facing the movement to ensure message reached the broader audience
- Designed and ran a full weekend strategy development session for a few hundred of the senior leaders from across the UK
- Following our presentations and workshops volunteers and leaders immediately identified and understood why change was required
- Further budget was approved for project as “benefits and results were immediately visible”
- A 10-year strategic vision was developed and adopted with significant buy-in from across the movement
“So impressed have we been with your delivery that the second round of budget approval was made by the board without hesitation. This work has ensured an excellent UK-wide strategic development.” Derek Twine CBE, Chief Executive
DOUBLING RESPONSE RATES IN A MARKETING CAMPAIGN
- CLIENT: Clydesdale Bank, National Australia Group International high street bank with leading investment arm
- Established direct marketing campaign to a saturated base, selling a mature product in tough market conditions
- Worked with marketing team and advertising agency to develop a value proposition for Generation X and Baby Boomers
- Developed 2 new packs and tested them against existing champion pack
- Developed testing matrix along with cells
- Worked with team to refine and perfect results
- Immediate improvement in uptake of new business
- Response and conversion rate doubled
- Campaign used as case study across business to demonstrate marketing’s results
“We’d wanted to test the generations theory and gave the team a very difficult challenge using a pack that was already performing well. We were hugely impressed as we’d not expected such a good result using such a challenging product…Generations has had a very positive influence in our thinking across marketing and has made us a more customer centric organisation over the past 18 months.”
Paul Newton: Head of Marketing
IMPROVING TALENT ENGAGEMENT AND BUILDING A CAPABILITY PROGRAMME
- CLIENT: BMW
- A leading German car manufacturer
- Retaining talented staff with a focus on chartered accountants
- Generational team conflict
- Misalignment between the product brand and the employee brand experience
- Generational talent audit identified problem areas
- Worked with teams in workshops to challenge the generational conflict and create generational empathy
- Worked with young talent to help them learn what “being talented meant”
- Worked with older talent to assist them in leaving a legacy and understanding the importance of mentoring younger talent
- Aligned the employee experience with the consumer brand by identifying what each generation wanted from the brand
- Attrition rate reduced to single figure
- Staff satisfaction improved
- Improved team work and productivity resulted in the unit outperforming KPI targets
- Staff received significant bonuses
BUILDING A CULTURE OF COOPERATION AND LEADERSHIP IN A PRIVATE BANK – CREATIVE COMMUNICATION
- CLIENT: Nedbank A leading private bank with 3.95 million clients in South Africa and the UK
- Difficulty in connecting with people across the generations
- Management wanted more spirit and unity within the organization
- Low morale, high staff turnover and resistance to change.
- The client wanted creative, relational solutions that were different to those offered by other consultancies.
- TomorrowToday acted as a source of innovative and cutting-edge ideas
- Created a variety of programmes that were customized around the client’s style. These included:
- Interactive ‘story circles’ to assess employees’ perceptions of culture
- Facilitation and design of training workshops
- Presentations at conferences and workshops
- TomorrowToday created a game using the format of a popular TV game show to improve morale and educate staff.
- Designed themed podcasts and audio CD’s with a mentoring application. Topics included diversity, gender issues, generations and corporate social responsibility
- Interactive ‘story circles’ to assess employees’ perceptions of culture
- TomorrowToday has been placed on a retainer for over 2 years as the client saw the tangible benefits we added
- Morale and unity improved
- Managers noticed staff were more positive, inspired and enthusiastic
- Improved product knowledge
IMPROVE SALES, PROFITABILITY AND BRAND APPEAL FOR YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULTS
- CLIENT: A leading high street, retail bank
- Loss of market share to leading competitors
- Brand not connecting with target audience
- Cost to income ratio too high – unprofitable segment
- Low customer service ratings due to poor sales and service delivery
- Used generations to identify the values that would attract the target segment
- designed and developed new branch layouts
- Profiled and assist in recruiting and training new staff
- Re-engineered the sales application and credit process to reduce costs and improve service
- Automated key application and credit processes to reduce costs
- Launched new marketing and brand campaign
- Launched new micro website aimed at target audience
- Productivity of retail bankers doubled
- Sales increased by 70%
- Cost of deliver halved
- Frontline sales staff understand and talk the generational language, profile and action their requirements against the clients’ lifestage and generational needs
“TomorrowToday brought fresh thinking and energy to the engagement. Customer and staff satisfaction has improved and importantly so have our profits.” Sharon Kersten, Managing Director